So since Sunday morning until Thursday evening (and most of Friday too) we were officially internet-less here at home. Now you know why I haven't posted all last week.
I know I'm a net addict but all of last week without the connection made me realize how very dependent I am on having the internet in my daily life. Well yes, I did drop into my mom's place a couple of times and got online for a quick look at a few important things but that really isn't the same as getting connected from the moment I roll out of bed in the morning and staying connected all day long, right until I nearly collapse on the Macbook into dreamworld.
It bugged me enough not to tweet about my evening tea or the rain clouds, so imagine my plight when a gorgeous Owl came to our window and I couldn't put that on my facebook update!! And every night it almost felt like there was no point in concocting some delicious meal when I couldn't even post pictures and recipes on my blog immediately.
A day into this and I was sure my week was going to be a nightmare. But then I happened to learn that life without the internet wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. Despite the torture, a few good things did come out of it...
- I developed a ridiculously healthy sleep cycle - Got to bed by 9 pm most every night. Hey don't give me that look! In an internet-less world what's a girl to do staying up late anyways?
- I actually finished reading books which had been dragging on for weeks - Well one needs to read something before falling asleep, even if it isn't reading online.
- My house was a lot neater - A little too neat if you ask me. With a lack of much else to do, I aimlessly went in circles around the house rearranging things over and over.
- The birds chirping outside sounded more beautiful - Spent a LOT of time sticking my head out the kitchen window appreciating nature! Felt like Rapunzel!!
- I spent a LOT more time with my family (which I love doing anyways) - In fact dad had to kick me out of the house a couple of times so I didn't drive back home too late in the evening.
- More importantly I got some extra quality time with hubby dearest - No internet for me = no internet for him! >:D Boy was it a pleasure seeing him suffer too! muhuhaha We ended up having adventurous walks exploring the city every evening and long dinners together every night. Hmm I wonder if that vow originally went "...through netlessness and in health..."
- Oh and my tomato and fenugreek saplings got even more love than usual - They probably got bugged with me checking on them every five minutes!
*Sigh*... it was almost like a blessing that the net was out... almost :)
That's not to say I'm going to give up on my net addiction anytime soon... or ever... but now if I am (God forbid!) ever disconnected from my virtual life for days on end, I know my life won't unravel entirely.