Friday, September 13, 2013
Raw Cinnamon Apple Crumble with Date Almond Sauce - Vegan MoFo 2013 Day 9
I thought I'd save this recipe for tomorrow, but then I realised that we're almost half way through Vegan MoFo and I've only shared one measly dessert recipe with you so far! *gasp* That is just not an acceptable way for me to treat my precious blog readers.
There's another reason why I felt like doing a dessert post today. Spirits are at an all time high at Veganosaurus Headquarters. And here's why...
Yes, we got a brand spanking new power adapter for the laptop today. Woohoo!!! :D :D :D
When you look at the way everyone's partying now, you would never believe the kind of drama that happened here just one week ago.
This kind of mood definitely calls for dessert, don't you think? :) Here you go...
Raw Cinnamon Apple Crumble with Date Almond Sauce
2 Apples - chopped into small pieces
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
Pinch of Salt
* Toss everything together in glass dish
* Cover with a glass lid
* Keep in a sunny spot for sun baking for 3-4 hours
6 Seedless Dates
* Soak them in fresh, clean water for 3-4 hours
1/2 C Almonds
2 T Sesame Seeds
* Grind coarsely in a dry jar
How to proceed:
* To 1/4th of the almond-sesame powder, add the dates and their soaking water and grind to a smooth paste
* Add a few spoons of water and blend into a sauce
* Toss the apples with the remaining 3/4th of the almond-sesame powder to form the apple crumble, and place into individual serving bowls
* Spoon the sauce over the apple crumble
* Serve at room temperature or after chilling for a while
* Enjoy! :)