I generally don’t venture too much into gluten free baking. My forté is vegan baking, and I tend to stick to it.
But recently I scored some highly nutritious allergy friendly flours from Banamin Health Care and I wanted to see if I could come up with a completely GF cake with the Green Banana Flour. I was totally surprised by the results!
GF Banana Flour Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
1 C Banamin Green Banana Flour
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Sada
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Arrowroot Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Jus’Amazin Crunchy Hazelnut Spread
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Psyllium Husk
1 C Warm Water
- Whisk together wet ingredients & allow to cool completely in fridge
- Preheat oven to 180 c/350 F
- Lightly grease a cake pan and line it with baking paper
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Quickly mix wet & dry mixtures (don’t overmix)
- Pour into cake pan
- Bake for 35 mins and test with a toothpick for doneness (bake for 5-10 mins longer if required)
- First cool the cake in the pan for 15 mins, then gently transfer to a wire rack along with the paper and cool completely before slicing
For the Icing:
- Whisk Jus’Amazin Crunchy Hazelnut Spread in a few spoons of Warm Water
- Pour over the cake
- Optionally layer with Strawberry Compote (made by cooking down chopped strawberries with sugar)
If you'd like some sweet discounts:
Use my referral* code "VEGANOSAURUS10" on Jus'Amazin or Banamin websites to get 10% off on all your orders, every time.
Jus'Amazin has free pan India shipping on all orders.
* I receive an affiliate commission when you use my code at no additional cost to you. Read my disclosure page for more details.
Post a Comment